Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rocky V-Day

It's been an up and down sort of day. I don't really want to relive it.

Up: Woke up and watched this video before leaving for the middle school.
Down: Took 45 minutes to get to school because of snow.

Up: Dressed really cute and got compliments on my outfit. Felt like such a teacher with my flowy cardigan and white blouse.

Up: Got a valentine and a candy from one girl in third hour, and another from a girl in sixth.
Down, down, WAY down: Fourth hour was abysmal. Discipline problems galore, and I was teaching the whole class all hour and couldn't figure out how to handle it without letting them see me think through it. Cried during lunch because I was so torn up about it.

Up: Figured out with Lizzy that tomorrow I am going to lay down the law during fourth hour. That is the primary objective tomorrow, and any musical learning will be almost secondary. I need to establish that I mean business.

Up: Had an assembly halfway through fifth hour.

Up: Sixth hour was really great for Lizzy today; it was wonderful to watch.

Up: Worked on lesson planning strategies with Lizzy after school today and got some ideas for first hour tomorrow.
Down: Had to go home, and couldn't work on lesson plan right away. Couldn't get my mind off of it until we sat down to dinner.

Up: Got to talk to Monica on my way home from school! :)

Up: Went to Richter's Chalet in Dearborn for dinner with my parents, grandmother, sister, and her husband and baby!

Down: Realized that, oh crap, there are university student observers coming in tomorrow to the school, and that if they are there during fourth hour, I absolutely WOULD NOT feel comfortable establishing my authoritah in front of them. Also I'm not who they came to see. Freaked out and called/texted/emailed Lizzy about it.
Up: While alone at the house, worked on my first hour lesson plan for an hour and a half, just working and reworking sections of it. It was really awesome and productive. I felt much better about tomorrow once I started it.

Up: Lizzy called me and confirmed that we will go lesson plan for fourth hour during planning period tomorrow, and that the observers are coming in for just third hour. She said she would never put me up for the full hour in front of them, especially during fourth hour. We chatted for a few minutes and all was well.

Up: Listened to most of the Red Wings game, which was awesome!!! 21 home wins! Huzzah!


Overall, the ups outweigh the downs, but some of those downs were pretty rough for a while there.

Tomorrow will be so much better. I'm so ruddy prepared for first hour, it's ridiculous.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment