First day back after mid-winter break, which was super refreshing. I walked in with a fresh outlook, ready for a new week of rehearsals to start. I walked in and it all took a nosedive.
All of the classrooms at Longbourn are getting Smart Boards, whether they need them or not. Because of fallen-through promises from the tech people, the setup of the choir room is now completely discombobulated. It's very stressful for Lizzy and all day she was really tense and pissed off, to use her own terms. Of course, much of it has to do with the fact that festival is coming up and there's still lots of prep to do, and none of the technology is useful/fully operational the way the tech people have it set up now. (Part of it is because we got a used smart board so that someone else could get a new one, and one of our cords got lost somewhere in that process.)
Right, not going to go all into the tech issue. Basically, though, I feel completely out on a limb now. I hardly even talked to Lizzy today because she was so upset and when she's like that, I can't say anything that will help.
I think I've made the decision to just man up and do what I need to do, and not let anyone's attitude influence me. I could handle the kids because at the end of the day, Lizzy was there to encourage me. Today the kids were great, and Lizzy was the one driving me crazy.
Thankfully, I was able to fake it for the students when I did warm-ups with all the choirs, and it went well. I spent most of the day reading and copying articles on choral methods, browsing some of Lizzy's books for ideas for sixth grade, and reading some material on boys' changing voices.
I think prayer and determination will see me through this. And I'm sure things will start to even out after festival.
No comments:
Post a Comment