Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Thursday!

Had a doctor's appointment this morning, so Lizzy said I should just come in for fifth and sixth hour. Didn't really do much for either, except go over their handouts and the rationale for grading.

Fifth hour was really sluggish at first, but about halfway through the hour they finally kicked into gear and started giving much more energy. Lizzy was pretty picky with the music, but it seemed to sink in more, and they were able to do most of it from memory!

Sixth hour was spent just talking as a group about the hell that was yesterday, and about attitudes in the class in general (from the students and from Lizzy). It was good to get everything out there, and I think most of the students saw where Lizzy was coming from. I think tomorrow will be better than yesterday.

Tomorrow I'm taking over for the last half of first hour, and all of third hour. It all seems like it'll go pretty well.

At 4 pm tomorrow, I'm talking to one of my friends from CMU who has worked with middle school boys, to see if he has some suggestions for me. I'm excited to start talking to people other than Lizzy and my parents about this stuff, just so I'll have more resources to pull from!

No comments:

Post a Comment