I started today with 14 things I had to write looming over my head (rationales and reflections for my portfolio). I have now whittled it down to 5, thanks to only rehearsing one song with each choir for the rest of the week, since those are the pieces I'm conducting on the concert. Tomorrow is a half-day, wherein we only see each for 20 minutes (dumb), and the latter half of the day is spent at a building improvement meeting (dumber). Wednesday I am spending most of the day observing the high school choir director, so that will be a nice change of pace. After school that day, Lizzy and I are planning on going to Planet Fitness, where she has a membership. Her membership entails that she can bring a friend whenever she wants, so I'm trying it out this week! I'm looking forward to it.
I know Lizzy has something planned for the students to give to me before I leave at the end of the week, I'm just scared that I'm going to cry when I see it. As far as I know it involves them writing notes to me. I'm not sure it's going to be a folder of notes (tear-worthy in itself) or if it will be a book (peel me sobbing off the floor). But between that and the fact that I'm singing "For Good," from Wicked for all the classes on Friday, it's going to be an incredibly bittersweet day. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the song four classes in a row. Agh.
Anyway, better get some shut-eye. Tomorrow promises to be a long day, but I will have a lot accomplished by the end of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment