Today was a good day.
When working rhythm with the choirs, I chose to use "Holy Diver," which is perfect for sixteenth notes (the bass pattern is 1-&a 2-&a 3-&a 4-&a). The kids got a kick out of it.
I worked one piece with each class, then we did Open Mic Friday, which ended with me singing "For Good" for each class. I almost cried during third hour, but I held it together and I was fine after that.
Lizzy announced that some students had written notes for me, and she put them into a book for me. She passed around the book for students to sign if they still wanted to. For the last 20 minutes of fourth hour, Lizzy unveiled a surprise pizza party, while during the last 20 minutes of sixth hour there was a surprise graduation cake! I was so busy rehearsing them that I didn't even notice when she brought in several boxes of pizza...or set up the table with the cake. The kids were greatly amused by this.
I have chosen some of my favorite funny or touching notes/letters to type up and share with you. Names have been changed to "Jane" and "Charles" when necessary. All misspellings are as written by the students.
Dear Ms. Renas,
Thankyou for helping us become better singers and for helping us learn our music. You are an amazing teacher. I love when you try to make jokes. You always make it so we can have fun but still get work done. I'll miss you.
Love, Jane
Dear Ms. Renas
Thank you so much for teaching us a couple peices of music to help us get ready for the real world. Congratullations on grauduting collage I hope you are happy :D We all <3 you =)
Love, <3 Jane
Your one of the best music teachers I've ever had :) **cries :( ** we all love you -Jane
Dear Ms. Renis,
Thank you for being a good teacher to all of us. I know we will all miss you. Because you are like a bird that hatches from its egg. Then after a while it says bye to the family and flies away. Hopefully we will meet again. Also may I wish you a wonderful graduation. Sincerly, Charles
Dear Ms. Renas,
I apreceate all your hard work and effort you put into all the song you teach us. I hope you do well in your cereer and congragulations on your graduation. We will all miss you. Thank you again.
Sincerly,
[cursive]
(or Charles)
Dear, Ms Rense
thank you for helping me hit all of my note and also putting up with for five days out the week. Thanks for everything you have done for us
love, Charles
Ms. Renes
Dear #1 future choir teacher,
Congrats on finnishing collage!! I'm so happy you got to train with Mrs. [Bennett], and didn't call us brats (just kidding with the brat part). I'm going to miss you like crazy though! But hey, like you away say, if you feel stupid your probably doing it right. I hope I'm as good as you in teaching some day and good luck with your future!
Sincerly,
Jane
Ms. Renas
You did a spectacular job as our student teacher. You gave me a new perspective to performance and practicing. You were a new spark that made choir a better class. You also brought your own unique sense of flair and fun (or dare I say it, fabulous!) to the class. You also seemed to have a younger perspective than Mrs. [Bennett] could have had (Don't tell her I said that. Please). I really enjoyed the time you spent teaching our class, and I hope I will have the opportunity to be your student again someday...In the Future! Hopefully in space.
Yours in um...learning?
Charles
This student later wrote another little note:
You are Awesome! PS - You'll Never walk alone, not while I'm around =) [sentence made from two songs I worked on with them]
Dear, Ms. Renas
Thank you for all those times you didn't smack me, [Darcy], and [Wickham] for all those ignorant choices. But I really want to thank you for being kind saying we did good even when we wern't and thanks for helping us when we struggled. I don't want to let go but now you have to fly.
Sincerly, Charles
Dear Ms. Renas
you help me so much in class. When I couldn't reach those high notes. you help me get to the best part of my voice. your the nices student teacher I ever seen. I'm going to really miss you. It's going to get a little boring in class without you.
Sincerly, Jane & [Charlotte]
We Luv you <3
By Ms. Renas
I will always remember you Ms Renas. I thank you for being patient with me and Wickham and Darcy. I think you realy improves the girls alot. I understood you better than Mrs. Bennett. I hope I see you again.
Charles
I <3 U
- Jane
PS Don't go you made me change my life for the better!
Dear Mrs. Reines,
I remember I first met you in solo and ensemble. You helped me with my posture and breathing. You put the rubber band on my back. lol. :) You were a great teacher, I enjoyed getting to know you and working with you. I will miss you! Good luck in your future! You'll be a great teacher
Love Jane
Congratulations Ms. Renez,
Hope that you can be the best teacher in the entire universe. (Music teacher i mean). I know that you will teach them maybe even better than Mrs. [Bennett] even did.
From,
Charles
PS I would like to thank you for helping me and everyone. I know you struggled trying to help us boys with the notes but you came through to us. Thank you. WE LOVE YOU!!
Fez's are red
The TARDIS is blue
Bowties are cool
And so are you!
[drawings of fez, bowtie, and a really cute TARDIS]
I'll miss you!
Jane
Your teaching is like kissing a unicorn on a pot of gold.
-Charles
One girl wrote a page full of what music means and should mean, and filled the margins with quotes from our songs. The post-scripts read:
PS Good luck tryin to replace us...we're too unique to just find.
PSS I'm not THAT dramatic.
PSSS Bye! I will miss you! ALOT! (& the most:])
love...Jane
Today was a good day.
So freaking adorable. -Msheets
ReplyDelete