Today broke my streak of good days for the week. Of course it was only two days, but they were a good two days. Lizzy had to call in a sub, and since PESG hasn't gotten my stuff put through yet, that sub was not me.
First hour was okay, and then the day steadily regressed from there. Third hour started great, and then the girls just got suuuper whiny. It was incredibly frustrating, and I let them know that. Fourth hour was super squirrelly, fifth hour was chatty and full of attitude, and sixth hour was whiny as well. It just was not working today.
I left the day feeling badly about how the students performed (or didn't), not about my teaching abilities. A month ago I would have been sobbing halfway through the day, so I feel this was an improvement. Tomorrow will be better, I know. I want it to get here. I don't want to rehash the day's events.
Future Kirsten: Sometimes they are just not going to go with it, and it is not your fault. Move on, tomorrow is a new day.
No comments:
Post a Comment