
I know it seems all kinds of cheese to have two Blog Your Blessings Sundays in a row be about friend and family, but if you actually know Kelli and me, and you know anything about the situation at hand, you'll understand why I am saying right now that I freaking love my family. You don't even know.
I mean, I loved them before. "It's just whatcha do." I love the fact that Oma has a sense of humor even at 80; that Uncle Kevin is in the FBI and used to climb everything possible [and impossible] even as an infant; that Lydia is smarter than like 8 whips put together, and knows a total of four languages; and then of course there's Linden, Kelli, and my parents, whom I couldn't possibly live without.
But this weekend and in the weeks leading up to it, everyone in our family really stepped up to the plate and showed the world that we stick together, and we stick up for each other. It has been nothing but an encouragement talking to the family about the situation (or The Scoop, as Kelli and I dubbed it), and I know it has been at least doubly encouraging for Kelli.
If we learned anything this weekend it's that most people never change, either because they don't want to, or because your perception of them has. Also that Uncle Kevin is so awesome he makes Chuck Norris wet himself just by looking at him wrong.
If this seems cryptic and un-revealing, it's because I don't want to gush about our family drama in a permanent place on the internet. So nod your head, agree that family can be pretty awesome [especially if you have been hearing anything about ours] and go on your merry way.
No comments:
Post a Comment