Saturday, July 31, 2010

Nigh Prophetic.

I got a call from Jon on Friday, asking if his Zune was in my living room. As I had just scoured the room for Kelli's Visa gift card (which I still haven't found, to much dismay), I could say with much certainty that the mp3 player simply was not there, and that he should check his car.

I got a text from him later, asking if it was perhaps in the sleeping bag we had out on Tuesday night. I said I would look and let him know. I didn't, because it had pretty much been completely unzipped when I took it downstairs Wednesday, and it hadn't been there then. I felt kinda bad the rest of the night, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

That night, one of my dreams involved Kelsey and me standing in my living room, looking at the sleeping bag crumpled on the floor.
"You should check the sleeping bag," she suggested.
"Fine," I ceded, "Even though it's not gonna be there. This is stupid."

I picked up the sleeping bag and the Zune fell into my hand. "Well," I said, "There it is. I guess I should call Jon."

Today when I was at work, I cursed myself for not checking the sleeping bag before I went in. When I got home this afternoon, I went downstairs to find the sleeping bag. I figured I should check it just to make sure.
I picked it up, unzipped it all the way, and guess what?



It wasn't there.



I sighed and trudged upstairs, heading back to the living room. I recalled Jon spending a lot of time in the red chair, so I lifted up the seat cushion and TA-DA, Zune!

But I had you going there for a minute, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment