Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New School(ish), New Posts

About an hour ago, I decided to resume posting in this blog. I've decided that I suck at literary reviews, but I will probably write whenever I read something that strikes my fancy. I'm currently addicted to A Game of Thrones and its sequels (I really am not a fan of the series title, A Song of Ice and Fire. A more apt title would be A Song of Incest and Treachery), currently working my way through book three, A Storm of Swords.

But that's not what the larger portion of my posts will concern. I decided to reboot this blog because today was my first day student teaching. I will refrain from using true names of people or places, but I'm going to try posting a little bit each day. Every time I've tried to do a small long-term goal, I've failed, but I'm not going to this time, dagnabit. My hope is that in a few years' time, or even in May, I will be able to look back and see my progress in thinking and writing about music education.

Also there may be the occasional rant about seminar, but as those days require me to be up a full two hour later than regular school days, they may not be quite so bad.

So from tomorrow afternoon until the end of April this shall be where Ms. Renas divulges her innermost thoughts about student teaching in the Hertfordshire Consolidated School District, under the supervision and guidance of Elizabeth Bennett, while working with the choirs of Longbourn Middle School.

Yes.

2 comments:

  1. Why is there no details about your first day?! Disappointment :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was tired. Sue me. There will be more tonight. I think also since I know...er, Lizzy, and I'd been to observe in December, it wasn't quite the wild eye-opener one would hope for in the opening narrative of one's first day at a school.

    ReplyDelete