As I dust off my blog, I have an announcement to make:
I would like to invite you to be a part of my book reviews for the summer!
I'm finally getting back to my poor abandoned blog, and will (at least for now) be using it to help organize my thoughts on the books I'm reading this summer. Here is where you come in:
Sandwiched between a brief summary and my personal recommendation will be a section called Exactly Eleven Questions. I would like to answer eleven unique questions provided by eleven of my friends for each book I read. You don't have to know anything about the book to ask a question about it; I just want a varied group of questions for each book. I won't use exactly the same set of questions for each book: it will change according to what you all ask.
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- characters and their preferences (explicit or what I imagine)
- the author
- quotes
- places in the book
- non-human characters (animals, or in the case of The Ruins, plants)
- film adaptations
- anything your little heart desires
Sample questions:
- If you were to cook dinner for one character in The Ruins, who would it be, what would you cook them, and why?
- Have you seen any of the film adaptations of Wuthering Heights? (spoiler: I haven't.) Okay, then who would you cast in the major roles?
- What was your favorite/least favorite quote from The Unbearable Lightness of Being?
- If Emily Bronte had written a follow-up novel to WH, what do you think would happen?
- Who was your favorite/least favorite character in ________ and why?
- Could you relate to any of the characters in __________?
or WHATEVER! It can be as trivial or deep as you want.
The books I will be reviewing are The Ruins by Scott Smith, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. Google them if you want to know more about them. :)
Please do the following in the comments:
1. TITLE: Write the name of the book you are asking about
2. QUESTION: Write the question(s) you want me to answer
3. PERMISSION: Tell me whether I can use your name in the blog in conjunction with the question you are asking.
4. SEPARATE: Use separate comments for questions on separate books!
I will need 11 questions for each book. Yes, you may use one of the sample questions! Please respond ASAP!
Thank you all,
Kirst
I'll give you some questions about The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, Kirsten! I just read it this past semester, and I actually really loved it.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you think of Kundera's narrative style? Did you find it distracting or engaging? Why?
Who was the most relatable character for you?
Who was your least favorite character and why?
Of course you can use my name! :D
Thank you, Libby! :)
ReplyDelete